Emotional Personal Development

.
Click my picture for You Tube
or here for my web page!

1-509-925-9385

Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's May Day!

May day makes me think of my Grandma Kathryn who passed away this last November. She was a really special part of my life, as anyone who is close to me knows. She used to put flowers on my doorstep every year the first of May. She had that special way of making you feel like the only person in the world who mattered. My Mom and I decided to honor her today and go place the most beautiful flowers on her mausoleum. It was a nice bonding moment for us.

Even though today could have made me sad, because I miss my Grandma so much, I found myself applying the principles I have learned from my life coach Maia. She has created a program for working on your personal development called You University. The exercise I used today is called "finding the gift". Each time you find yourself in a negative situation, you try to find at least one gift in it. So the gift for today was the time I got to spend with my Mom carrying on a May day tradition that Gram taught us. Placing the flowers at the cemetery was as close as we could get to placing them at Heaven's door ........it felt really good to honor Grandma Kathryn in this way.

My Mom and I are the new matriarchs of this family and it is important that we carry on the traditions that made our family stay connected while Gram was alive. We need to recognize each other on our special days and during the holidays. Take the time out of our busy lives to just say "hello" and "I love you". Spend time together laughing and having fun and being there to lend a helping hand. These all sound like gratifying tasks to me!

No comments:

Share This