Emotional Personal Development

.
Click my picture for You Tube
or here for my web page!

1-509-925-9385

Friday, May 21, 2010

Personal Experiences that lend to Life Coaching

I had a request for some examples of the personal experiences I have had in my life that add to my Life Coaching skills. What a great suggestion.

Let me start with my childhood. I am a survivor of incest. I grew up in an alcoholic environment filled with violence. Living this felt normal, I really thought everyone had this kind of life. I also had great experiences. A loving family, lots of friends, spoiled, loved school, active in sports and made good grades.Growing up like this made me strong and resilient. I was a driven and determined child. No one really knew why, but it was obvious I was head strong, some even labeled it ornery.

It wasn't until into my 20's that my past came back to haunt me. I quickly became addicted to drugs and alcohol because it was a great escape for me. I always wanted to be high, or as messed up as possible, I thought it was fun not to feel. I thought I was just an out of control party animal who was destined to be a failure. What I learned after the birth of my first child was that I was running from the demons of my childhood. The abuse had been blocked from my mind until the information was needed to keep my own child safe. Memories of my abuse came flooding back and this time in my life was very intense. Again, I proved to be able to endure more than others. I learned in this part of my life how to reach out for help and network with those who could guide me. I became an expert on myself and incest. I studied it from every angle because I was driven to understand  it and put a stop to the cycle. I did by the way, stop it.

I was a single parent for 5 years before I married a man who was not the Father of my first born. We had 2 children in our 10 existence together.I am thankful to him for the children and keeping me safe in a time when I felt very insecure and unstable. Unfortunately, I was clinging to him because I was looking for someone to take me away from all of my pain. I needed someone who believed my abuse story. This was him. I needed that so much that I ignored all other signs that it was not a good choice. I ignored my powerful intuition and learned another important thing in life, we need to listen to our inner voice. We need to as women not loose our identity when we enter a relationship.  I matter. What I think, feel and have to say is valid. We all deserve to be heard, acknowledged and loved. Abuse can be mental. It can be disguised as love. I learned that the only person you can change is yourself.

I am a single parent again, learning to love myself and gain my personal power back. I am re-learning what a dynamic person I am with many gifts and talents to offer others. I am very good at listening to my intuition and offering feedback for people in situations I have experienced. I am living the "Life is a School" concept. I love to learn and connect with others who also want to learn. I know that my self awareness will be valuable to my children. It will show them how they can achieve the same level of happiness and fulfillment in their lives. I do not claim to be perfect, but I do let them know I am open to growth and suggestions.

My children are from toddler to teen and my first priority. They have taught me so much about myself because they are little reflections of me. I have given them the voice I never felt like I had, which has opened up the lines of communication between parent and child. They are not afraid. They are not bound by what they can't do, they only know what they will do. They are encouraged. They are normal, don't get me wrong, and I try to embrace even their brattiest of moments. They represent a new generation of people who can look within themselves for love and support as well as accept those around them for who they are and take from them what they need to be happy. Not in a bad sense of taking, but recognizing the good in others and incorporating that into who they are.

My ongoing search for understanding, peace inside of me, happiness and constant learning makes me a valuable person. If you are seeking guidance on your own journey of personal development I am someone with enough life experience to connect with you on many levels. And the best part of all is the opportunity I will have to learn even more from a collaborative coaching experience!

I am a single parent again, learning to love myself and gain my personal power back. I am re-learning what a dynamic person I am with many gifts and talents to offer others. I am very good at listening to my intuition and offering feedback for people in situations I have experienced. I am living the "Life is a School" idea. I love to learn and connect with others who also want to learn. I know that my self awareness will be valuable to my children. It will show them how they can achieve the same level of happiness and fulfillment in their lives. I do not claim to be perfect, but I do let them know I am open to growth and suggestions.

3 comments:

Maia Berens said...

You can't even begin to understand what you are doing for your kids. Their life will be so different and so much better at their starting off point. Watch out world1 Here you all come!

Joanne Young Elliott said...

Thank you for sharing your story. Your courage and strength will inspire others.

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal, thank you for sharing. You have chosen this journey for a reason and clearly your are living your purpose.

YOU GO GIRL and show the world who you are!


Namaste'
Bev Morrison

Share This