Emotional Personal Development

.
Click my picture for You Tube
or here for my web page!

1-509-925-9385

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Step into your life...

I am direct, I am starting to learn that this is a gift. Most of my life I have been criticized for this quality. Since I have been collaborating with my coaching group and this community I am finding out that this directness, if done in a kind way, is a good trait. People don't have to read between the lines with me because I am straight forward. It is easy to know where I am coming from and how I feel. The community of people who are focused on growth and spirituality seem to embrace this personality type much easier than those less open to change.

It feels like some are threatened by my direct nature. The truth without all of the pretty flowery language is scary. I am really glad to have had this brought to my attention. For so many years I felt like I was to overbearing, that what I had to say was not worthy. I was afraid I was going to be criticized or told to keep my comments to myself. This carried over into giving people constructive criticism. I feared that people would think I thought I was better than them, or what they had to say was no good. I would be very unsure in my response when asked to give feedback. I didn't want anyone to get mad at me.

I need to give credit where credit is due and tell my coach Maia Berens thank you for being patient with me on this issue. Just today she told me she understood now why I would be so unsure when giving her feedback or editing suggestions. I love that she took the time to figure the dynamics of my personality enough to be able to come to this conclusion and share it with me. That is a true professional and a wonderful friend. I have not had many of these types of people in my life. It is refreshing. It also allowing me to see my worth and value and know that what I have to say is good stuff.

Thank you Maia.
You are empowering me to become who I really am!

Side note:
Maia Berens is also the founder of You University. This is a comprehensive program that will be available to the public soon! I am currently enrolled and I am experiencing incredible personal growth and development. I am also a coach featured to facilitate others through the program. It is incredible~can't wait for the launch!

6 comments:

Adrienne Summer said...

I can't wait for the launch either.
I love your candidness. It is like a breath of fresh air. If I am asking for your opinion I really want it. That is the truth. I love your honesty. We all come from broken backgrounds and severe lifestyles. It is in the unique phase of our life that we are starting to truly appreciate the gifts we were born with. Being straight forward is your gift and I love that you know it.

Crystal said...

Your words are exactly why you are my friend!

shawn said...

Wonderfully stated, as usual! I love that you have so obviously found comfort in your own skin and want to share and show others how to get there. It's a long, scary journey for most people - you're going to make it easier! I love your heart!

Crystal said...

Thank you Shawn........your words are so encouraging and loving.

Maia Berens said...

I believe people who don't your insightful, straightforward manner are unable to look at the truth in themselves and about themselves, that's why you cause such upheaval just by being yourself. The results of transformation often have the results of a change of people in our lives. That's hard because if feels so different. On the other hand, what a relief - to have people in our lives who appreciate us and listen to what we say. What a welcome novelty! BTW, thanks for noticing but it's what this coach does.

Crystal said...

Just one correction on your comment Maia, that is what great coaches do! It is a given for us
~hugs

Share This