Emotional Personal Development

.
Click my picture for You Tube
or here for my web page!

1-509-925-9385

Monday, June 28, 2010

Crystal's Gift

My purpose is to be honest. To empower others by not holding back my intuition and knowledge from them. It may very well be the piece they need to the puzzle in their life. I could be that one bit of information that creates a spark in their mind and makes them pull down the wall that has been blocking their success.

Most of my earlier years where spent being told how I conduct myself was out of line. Too brutal, too honest. Actually I think many people labeled me as brutally honest. I may have been? What I have worked really hard on in my personal development is communicating in a way this is not damaging. I try not come into a conversation with anger and I avoid saying hurtful things. I have learned in going through the buildings of You University that I will not be heard if I talk to someone in a negative way. I mean I wouldn't listen either. Only my anger will be felt and any message I am trying to convey will fall on deaf ears as they say. How effective is that? NOT effective at all!

There are two specific tools that come to mind right now, that I have finally given into and used with great results. One the anger exercise, and two the love letter that I often talk about. I was really resistant at first to use these tools, I could not see how some writing exercise, or saying something to myself in the mirror could help in any way. I mean, how could something outside of me, help. WELL.....I can easily say that I was wrong. These tools did work for me and still do. I will admit to still having some resistance to using them, but not because I doubt that they work, but because I am so used to feeling anger that I almost want to stay in it. The great part is that with the help of my coach and coaching group, I can easily be reminded of the power of the exercises. And, to be perfectly honest I am not as comfortable feeling angry for long periods of time like I used to be. It used to be a way of living for me. Always looking at the negative or always having something negative to say. I seemed to attract those same personality types into my life as well. Makes sense, they do say misery loves company.

Now, I really enjoy being able to lift someone up if they are in a negative spot. I started this entry by talking about my purpose, and how it is being honest with people. This goes hand in hand with lifting them up. I don't have to be brutally honest, I can do it in a way that allows them to hear what I am saying in a positive light. I find that I have a clarity in what needs to be said. I am direct and don't beat around the bush. I break it down into the simplest way of explaining so there is no way for misinterpretation of my words. The person I am talking to knows exactly where I am coming from, they don't have to wonder or read between the lines. This can bring out the same quality in a person I am interacting with, and lead to an amazing conversation filled with revelations and understanding. The ability of a person to move forward from the point of the block then presents itself. It is a good quality in leading people. It is a good quality in teaching what I have experienced.

My purpose is just that. To pass on what I have learned in a way that is easy to understand and discuss. My purpose is to empower the person I am interacting with, so that the relationship can grow. This is what gives me great satisfaction. When I realized that my purpose gave me great satisfaction, I knew I was on the right path in life. I know that I am doing what I was designed to do. I am capitalizing on all of the experiences that have led me to this point in time. It is truly amazing!

2 comments:

Maia Berens said...

I can only say, "thank God!" That gift has already changed my life - in a very good way. Keep it coming.

Crystal said...

Thank you Maia!

Share This