Emotional Personal Development

.
Click my picture for You Tube
or here for my web page!

1-509-925-9385

Monday, September 6, 2010

EXPLOSION

The relationship with my ex-husband is really starting to work. Meaning I feel like I am handling his emotions well. He has not changed but I am changing how I react to him. I have also decided that he will not be allowed to treat the boys the way he has treated me and my daughter in the past. My middle one came home from an overnight with him completely broken down. It broke my heart. He was teased and picked at the entire time, and was on the verge of tears when he came home. His Dad stayed for a while and was in his room with both boys and I could hear him picking on him. I said something about it, and the Dad asked my son if he felt like he was being mean to him. My son is very good about speaking his mind and said, yes Dad you have been at me all day and yesterday.

EXPLOSION!

The Dad reacted as he would with me during the marriage. Ranting, and cussing about how he wasn't f-ing picking on him. They had fun and that he was just a baby. He ended with I am out of here, gave the littler on a hug good bye and had to get in one more verbal dig by saying "I am out of here, your LITTLE baby brother is pissing me off" or something to that effect. My son yelled, "GOODBYE" and the door was slammed.

My heart was just breaking for him. I instantly hugged him and he teared up of course! What a jerk. This is NOT how you treat your kids. This is not how you treat anyone. This is exactly why I divorced him. I have been working very hard on myself and my relationship with my kids so they don't have to look back at their childhood and have memories like the one just created by his Dad. I talked with my son several different time throughout the day about this event. I let him know it is not okay to be treated like that by anyone, especially your parent. I let him know (he is 11) he can choose whether or not he spends time with his Dad. I also let him know that I wanted to talk to his Dad about getting some counseling for parenting. He thought that would be a good idea.

His reaction to this request will be interesting and I will deal with that when I get there. I just know that I cannot allow my kids to be mistreated like this.

1 comment:

Savina Cavallo said...

Crystal,
I can feel a calmness in your post...one that comes through the lines.
It is really sad that your ex is clueless as to the harm he's laying on his children, and himself...for the kids will want to be with him less and less as they mature.
Send your ex a lot of good energy before you make the suggestion to him. It is my wish that he be open and receptive to the suggestion, and that he goes through with it and with understanding.

Share This